Monday, April 14, 2008

State Lacrosse Championships

It looks like I'll be heading out to cover the 2008 FHSAA State Lacrosse Championships this weekend at West Orange High School in Winter Garden, Fla. I'll be doing my primary coverage for the Orlando Sentinel.

I don't know who will be playing yet because the tournament is still in progress, but it looks like at least one Central Florida team is guaranteed to make it to the boy's final. That means I'll be writing one story about the boys and if a local girls team reaches the final I'll also be writing about them.

Even though this week is pretty busy, I may still try to pick up some out-of-town work for papers that may have teams from their area in the competition as well.

If you have a team in tournament and would like coverage, e-mail me at wommackw1@bellsouth.net

No comments: