Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Manatees Are Back

It's been a light week for me in terms of published work, but I did have a pretty long article in the Orlando Sentinel last Thursday.

In case you didn't know Florida Manatees are on the move again, migrating from their warm water winter homes back out into the open waters of Florida's rivers and oceans.


My article is about the precautions the state is taking to protect manatees and boaters. You can find the complete story here. (Photo by Barbara V. Perez, Orlando Sentinel)

This article was interesting to write, and it was sort of a throwback to my newswriting days. I interviewed almost 10 sources, but I wasn't able to get quotes from everyone into the story. Either way, I think it turned out well.

My next outdoors assignment for the Sentinel will be published April 24, and will be about the upcoming wakeboarding championships.

No comments: