Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lots-o-Links from the Seminole Chronicle

Once again it's been a long time since I've updated my progress. I've been doing a decent amount of work lately while I continue to search for a job. I continue to write for the Seminole Chronicle on a weekly basis, which gives me an opportunity to come up with my own story ideas and also focus on community journalism. Below are the links to some of my work for the Chronicle over the last month or so.

June 4:
Story No. 1: There is new lacrosse league here in Central Florida.
Story No. 2: Former Lake Howell and St. Joseph's basketball player Pat Calathes showed his stuff in front of NBA scouts and general managers at the Orlando Pre-Draft Camp at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

June 11:
Story No. 1: Former Oviedo football player Garrett Wilkins prepares for college football at Richmond University.
Story No. 2: Lake Howell golfer Carlie Yadloczky has committed to play golf for Auburn after her senior year on high school.

June 18:
A Central Florida woman kayaks the entire St. John's River from start to finish.

June 25:
Story No. 1: Lake Howell coach Reggie Kohn leaves the school to become the head coach at Orlando Christian Prep.
Story No. 2: Former Oviedo High School track star Jenny Barringer gets ready to qualify for the 2008 Olympic Games.

July 2:
Local wrestler excels, Calathes fails to get drafted, Babe Ruth baseball news.

July 9:
Story No. 1: Barringer qualifies for the Olympics, former Oviedo swimmer Kyle Young doesn't.
Story No. 2: Local 13-year-old golfer starting to impress.

No comments: