Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Load of links from my NBA Pre-Draft Camp Coverage

I picked up all sorts of work at last week's NBA Pre-Draft Camp, working for six different papers from all around the country. I was also linked by ESPN.com, which is a career first and sort of exciting. I also interviewed players like O.J. Mayo, Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, D.J. Augustine and Eric Gordon among others.

I got the opportunity to write two articles for the Seattle Post-Intelligence, which gave me an opportunity to get back to my Pacific Northwest roots.


The first story was about whether or not some of the top prospects are interested in going to Seattle despite the unsure location situation. You can read the complete article here. This story was also linked by ESPN.com here.

The second story I wrote was about former Nevada player Marcelus Kemp. This was an interesting story to work on because Marcelus didn't take the bus back to the hotel and skipped out on meeting with the media. I don't think he did it on purpose he was just probably excited for the camp to be over and to be heading to workout for NBA teams. Either way, it took some crafty reporting skills by me to get a hold of him, I called the hotel where the players were staying and asked for him and sure enough the front desk connected me. I then had to convince Marcelus to do the interview with me, which he graciously obliged. I'll definitely be rooting for him to make it at the next level. You can read my complete article here.

The San Jose Mercury News had me write about former Stanford star Brook Lopez and how his preparation for the draft is going. You can read the complete article here.

The Bloomington Herald-Times had me write about former Indiana guard Eric Gordon and how his draft preparation is going as well as what he thinks of the current situation at Indiana. You can read the complete article here (the Herald-Times is a subscriber only site, so I linked to another paper that picked up the story).

The Spokane Spokesman-Review had me write about Gonzaga guard Jeremy Pargo and his NBA Draft prospects. You can read the complete article here.

I'm still working on one article from the camp about Keith Brumbaugh for a small paper called the Deland Beacon. I also have an article about Pat Calathes coming out in this week's issue of the Seminole Chronicle.

No comments: