Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Orlando Pro Summer League Coverage

Last week (July 7-11) was the Orlando Pro Summer League at the RDV Sportsplex in Maitland, Fla. The event is always fun to cover because the atmosphere is pretty laid back and it's not open to the public, so it's all about the games. Over the week I worked for three papers, the San Jose Mercury News, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and the Birmingham News. I also was emailing back and fourth with one of the bloggers for the Los Angeles Times, who published my analysis on his UCLA sports blog. Below are the links to all the articles.

L.A. Times:
My analysis of Russell Westbrook's performance at the Summer League.

San Jose Mercury News:
My story on Brook Lopez and Ryan Anderson and their first NBA action with the New Jersey Nets.

Seattle Post-Intelligencer:
My story on what losing basketball means to the city of Seattle.

Birmingham News:
My story on twin brothers trying to make in the NBA.

Right now I'm working on a few oddball summer stories. Thursday I have a triathlon story coming out, Saturday a bowling story, Monday an all-star softball game story and the Thursday after that a fishing story.

No comments: