Wednesday, July 23, 2008

All-Star Game minus Softball player = shark bite?


On Sunday I was scheduled to head down to Disney's Wide World of Sports to cover a high school softball player from Naples competing in the Under Armour All-America Softball Game. But when I was emailed the rosters on early Sunday morning, the girl I was supposed to cover was nowhere to be found. After making a few phone calls, I realized that she wouldn't be there thanks to a FHSAA rule that permits underclassmen from playing in all-star games. Either way, the paper needed a story, so I sniffed around to find out if she was disappointed about not going, etc. When I finally got her on the phone, it turns out that she suffered a shark bite a few days prior and wouldn't have been able to play in the game no matter what. I ended up with a nice story out of it. You can check it out here.

No comments: